Home Plant-Based Nutrition
Resources for Eating a Plant-Based Diet in Brooklyn
Plant-Based Diet Guide:
- “How Not To Die” by Dr. Michael Greger
- “The Forks Over Knives Plan” by Alona Pulde and Matthew Lederman
- “Dr. Neal Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes” by Dr. Neal Barnard
Documentaries Available on Netflix:
- “Forks Over Knives”
- “What The Health”
Restaurant Listings for Brooklyn:
- Happy Cow has restaurant listings for all of Brooklyn
- Vegan Gotham has a “Brooklyn Bound” section: Bushwick, East Williamsburg, Greenpoint, Williamsburg, and More Brooklyn
Natural Food Stores:
- Flatbush Food Coop: 1415 Cortelyou Road, Brooklyn, NY 11226
- Forces of Nature: 1608 Sheepshead Bay Road, Brooklyn, NY 11235
- Park Slope Food Coop: 782 Union Street, Brooklyn, NY 11215
- Perelandra Natural Food Center: 175 Remsen Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Meal Delivery for Brooklyn:
- Vegan Market at Market Hotel: 1140 Myrtle Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11221
- Vegan Shop-Up at the Pine Box Rock Shop: 12 Grattan Street, Brooklyn, NY 11206
- 21-Day Vegan Kickstart App (English and Spanish): PCRM’s free online program to kickstart your health. The free 21-day kickstart begins every Monday and runs for 21 days. It includes the 21-day meal plan, coach tips, and daily messages.
For Health Care Professionals:
- Nutrition CME: PCRM’s free online portal where physicians receive AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for completed courses. Nurses are awarded continuing nursing education credits (CNE), and registered dietitians and dietetic technicians are awarded continuing professional education units (CPEUs).
- Nutrition Education Curriculum: PCRM’s nutrition education curriculum is designed for use in medical offices, worksites, and anywhere people will benefit from learning about the lifesaving effects of healthful eating.
- The Nutrition Guide for Clinicians: It provides free, evidence-based support to health care professionals. It quickly answers questions on nutrition for disease prevention and treatment including best practices for discussing dietary changes with patients.