- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. The Office does not collect data for commercial or marketing purposes, and the Office does not sell, exchange, or otherwise distribute the data collected by brooklyn-usa.org for commercial or marketing purposes.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request. Use of your information may include but is not limited to:
- Helping the Office respond to request for information not readily available from the website
- Investigating a problem reported to the Office via the website
- Keeping lists of parties interested in some particular issue of facet of Brooklyn life about which the Office anticipates issuing further information in the future
- Disclosure of such information pursuant to a request made under Freedom of Information Law (“FOIL”) or court order, if such information is not protected by federal or state law.
Your Access to and Control over Information:
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information (for example, your email address) via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, addressing your concerns) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Web Bugs (a/k/a Web Beacons):
Brooklyn-usa.org does not use web bugs on its web pages or in any html e-mail generated by use of the portal, or otherwise sent from brooklyn-usa.org, for any purpose other than to identify site performance needs; to ensure compatibility with the technology used by brooklyn-usa.org ‘s visitors, and to generally add and improve services offered on brooklyn-usa.org.
No applications on brooklyn-usa.org specifically solicit information from minors or seek to determine whether the visitor is a minor. Consequently, because such information will not be specifically identified as being from minors, users of brooklyn-usa.org should be aware that personally identifiable information submitted to brooklyn-usa.org by minors will be subject to being treated in the same manner as information given by an adult and may become subject to FOIL.
The Office strongly believes that parental supervision is an important factor in Internet use by minors. Therefore, brooklyn-usa.org asks parents to guide their minor children when children are asked to provide any personal information online. Brooklyn-usa.org further asks that children ask for and receive their parent’s permission before providing any information online.