Director of Capital and Expense Budget
email: [email protected]
phone: (718) 802 – 3700
FY24 Capital Funding
The New York City Charter allows all five Borough Presidents to allocate capital funding to qualified projects on an annual basis as part of the City’s budget process.
These funds are used to make improvements across the Borough by creating new infrastructure, and by improving existing assets. Capital funding can be allocated to parks, streets, schools, hospitals, economic development and affordable housing projects, cultural institutions, and other non-profit organizations.
The New York City Office of Management and Budget (OMB) issues guidelines that restrict the types of projects to which capital funding can be allocated, as well as the types of organizations to which capital funding can be allocated. All questions pertaining to Brooklyn Borough President Antonio Reynoso’s capital budget or discretionary capital funding program should be directed to Astrid Cuas at [email protected]
- Capital Funding Fact Sheet for Non-City Funding
- Capital Funding Fact Sheet for Public Schools
- Brooklyn Borough President’s Office FY24 Capital Funding Application
(Please note the FY24 Capital Funding Application closed on February 23rd 2023)
Fiscal Year 2024 Capital Application
- All City entities requesting funding for capital project occurring on City-owned property (including but not limited to parks, public schools, and public buildings) should complete the Brooklyn Borough President’s Office FY24 Capital Funding Application.
- All non-profit organizations seeking capital funding for projects (including Charter Schools on non-city owned property) must complete the Brooklyn Borough President’s Office FY24 Capital Funding Application and the New York City Capital Funding application through the NYC CapGrants Portal .
- All cultural organizations that receive funding from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs (DCLA) must complete the Brooklyn Borough President’s Office FY24 Capital Funding Application and must complete the application through DCLA’s website
- February 23rd, 2023, 5:00 PM: All applications requesting funding from Borough Presidents (including those also requesting funding from City Council and/or DCLA) must be submitted.
- March 23rd, 2023, 5:00 PM: All applications requesting only City Council and/or DCLA funding must be submitted.
- NYC Capital – Capital Grants (nyc.gov)
- NYC Department of Cultural Affairs – Capital Funding Process – DCLA (nyc.gov)
- NYC Department of Design & Construction – not-for-profit-forms (nyc.gov)
- NYC EDC – Funding Agreements | NYCEDC
- NYC School Construction Authority
Discretionary Expense Funding
The Office of the Brooklyn Borough President Antonio Reynoso is now accepting applications for funding to support organizations and their programing and/or events that directly support the borough of Brooklyn and its residents.
Apply using the Discretionary Expense Funding Application.
This form is Brooklyn Borough President Antonio Reynoso’s Discretionary Expense Funding Application. Please use this form to submit all funding requests related to programming and services for nonprofits.